What Are Weed Control Solutions for Vegetable and Herb Gardens?
Learn how to battle weeds in vegetable gardens, and how Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer products can help.
Weeds love to hang out in your vegetable and herb gardens. As you may know all too well, aggressive weeds will bully weaker, less competitive vegetables and herbs, stealing their water, sunlight, and nutrients. Don’t let weeds ruin your harvest! Beat those bullies by fighting back with Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer products.
1. Kill Weeds Before Planting
Before adding plants or seeds to your in-ground vegetable or herb garden, reach for Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Concentrate Plus. Simply spray the entire planting area to kill any existing weeds, wait 3 days, then go ahead and plant to your heart’s content. If you’re growing in a raised bed, put down a layer of cardboard before you add soil to help keep the weeds at bay.
2. Stop Pop-Up Weeds
There are a few ways to get rid of pesky weeds that pop up during the growing season.
- If you have just a few young weeds, pull them up by hand after it rains (when the soil is softest)—just be sure to get the root, too! You can also cut them off at the soil line with a garden hoe.
- Put down a 2-inch layer of mulch. When the sun can’t get to the weeds, they’re less likely to grow.
- Walk your garden daily so you can go after any newbies before they’ve had time to disperse their seeds.
- Reclaim victory from those unwelcome garden guests with Roundup® Ready-To-Use Weed & Grass Killer III with Sure Shot® Wand. The shield on the Sure Shot® Wand helps contain the spray to target weeds while avoiding your vegetables or herbs.
Now, just relax and enjoy your harvest, weed-free!