Using Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Products Properly
Tips for Using the Sure Shot® Wand and Comfort Wand®
Troubleshooting tips and tricks for how to properly use the Sure Shot® Wand and Comfort Wand®.
The Sure Shot® Wand and Comfort Wand® are not only great at providing control when spraying weeds, but they’re also a breeze to use. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to stopping weeds with ease.
- Unsnap the holder and remove the wand from the side of the bottle.
- Unwrap the hose and pull out the battery tab on the handle. The motor in the wand won't work if the protective battery tab is not removed before the first use.
- Insert the red plug into the knob on the cap until it clicks, and turn the knob to “ON”. Make sure the red plug is firmly attached to the cap. (If your bottle still has the spout cap instead of the twist cap, make sure the spout is sticking straight up.)
- Extend the wand until it clicks into position.
- Slide the trigger lock on the handle to the “unlocked” position.
- Choose the spray setting you want on the wand nozzle. Make sure it isn’t set to “OFF.” If you’re using the Sure Shot® Wand, snap the protective shield over the wand nozzle.
- Spray the weeds that you want to kill. It’s that easy.
WAND NOT WORKING? GET IT BACK IN ACTION
If You Do Not Hear the Motor Running
If you’ve followed the steps above, your Comfort Wand® or Sure Shot® Wand still isn’t working, and you do not hear the motor running, try these tips:
- Confirm that the trigger lock is disengaged and the battery tab has been removed.
- If you still don't hear the motor running, it may be time to change out the batteries. Unscrew the battery compartment on the base of the wand and replace the AA batteries.
If You Do Hear the Motor Running
If you can hear the motor running but it's not spraying product, follow these steps:
- Confirm that the dip tube is still attached to the cap, the spout on the cap is vertical, and the knob is turned to “ON.”
- Confirm the nozzle is rotated to a spray pattern.
- Re-prime the sprayer by holding the bottle above the wand and engaging the trigger for up to 30 seconds, until it begins to spray.
- If the product clogs the sprayer tip, soak in warm, soapy water, then rinse. Never submerge the wand handle in water!
When storing your Sure Shot® Wand or Comfort Wand® for long periods of time (like over the winter), remove the batteries from the wand. If the batteries corrode inside the wand, you will likely need to replace it.