Using Roundup® Weed & Grass Killer Products Properly
Tips for Using the Sure Shot® Wand and Comfort Wand®
The Sure Shot® Wand and the Comfort Wand® are great at providing control when spraying weeds. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to stopping weeds with ease.
The Sure Shot® Wand and the Comfort Wand® are not only great at providing control when spraying weeds. They’re also a breeze to use. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be on your way to stopping weeds with ease.
- Unsnap the holder and remove the wand from the side of the bottle.
- Unwrap the hose and pull out the battery tab on the handle. The motor in the wand won't work if the protective battery tab is not removed before its first use.
- Insert the red plug into the knob on the cap until it clicks, and turn the knob to “ON”. Make sure the red plug is firmly attached to the cap. (If your bottle still has the spout cap instead of the twist cap, make sure the spout is sticking straight up.)
- Extend the wand until it clicks into position.
- Slide the trigger lock on the handle to the “unlocked” position.
- Choose the spray setting you want on the wand nozzle. Make sure it isn’t set to “OFF.” If you’re using the Sure Shot® Wand, snap the protective shield over the wand nozzle.
- Spray the weeds that you want to kill. It’s that easy.
GET YOUR WAND BACK IN ACTION
If you’ve followed the steps above and your Comfort Wand® or Sure Shot® Wand still isn’t working, it might just be time to replace the batteries. Unscrew the battery compartment on the base of the wand, and replace the AA batteries.
When storing your Sure Shot® Wand or Comfort Wand® for long periods of time (like over the winter), remove the batteries from the wand. If the batteries corrode inside the wand, you will likely need to replace it.
Other Troubleshooting Tips
If you can hear the motor running, but it's not spraying product, try these tips:
- Re-prime the siphon tube. Hold the container above the wand and spray for 30 seconds. If the wand begins to spray after 30 seconds, you should be able to put the container down and continue spraying without issue.
- Unclog the sprayer tip. If product crystallizes in the sprayer tip it will prevent the wand from spraying. Soak the sprayer tip in warm soapy water to loosen any residue. (Do NOT submerge the wand in water.) After soaking the sprayer tip, rinse it off then follow the steps above to re-prime the siphon tube, if needed.